Thursday, May 19, 2011

Triathlon Tattoos

The other day, I was bored.  I know, crazy, right?  Well, I decided to do a little search on the ol' Google for triathlon tattoos.  Holy crap!  There are tons!  After searching through about a gazillion of them, I found something very interesting.  My own tattoo!  Pretty funny!  It was on some guys blog about Ironman tattoos.  I picked out some of the ones that I thought to be more interesting/creative, and have compiled a short list below.  Trust me, this list could go on forever, and maybe I'll do another one of these at a later date.  So drum roll please!  I introduce: Super Awesome Triathlon Tattoos!

This is just a collage of some tattoos.  Some of them are featured below.
From what I gather, this person has done 9 Ironman's.  I may have to start adding notches to mine!
Just a nicely done tattoo for the ladies.
I love this one.  I assume it is colored in so it can be seen in normal light, just outlined with the black-light ink.
Looks like a painful place for a tattoo.
What the heck is that?  Oh, this person is a "half Ironman"!  Awesome.
Pretty cool design inside this M-dot.
Ironman tattoo resembling iron.
This one might give me nightmares.  But I will say, I felt like death more than a few times during my Ironman's.
It's pretty much all spelled out in this tattoo.
Very well done triathlon tattoo.
This one is just a very cool design.
Another collage.  Again, I have some of these individually shown.
By far the coolest tattoo in this list.  Anyone looking for an Ironman tattoo should definitely look at this one!
Another cool concept.  Swim/bike/run all included.
Was the tattoo artist drunk?  Nope!  This is an IronWOMAN!
This one is awesome.  The lava running down making the M-dot.
Like I said, I could probably go on forever.  It's actually pretty entertaining looking at all of the different tattoos that are out there.  I will say, a majority of the people have just a simple M-dot on the back of their calf.  Mine isn't quite like that...did you find mine in the list?

I'm always on the lookout for my next tattoo idea.  I'm hoping some day to get some Kona related, but that is definitely wishful thinking (since I won't get that unless I race there!).  Other than that, I'm not sure what I'll get next.  Maybe I'll run an ultra marathon and get a permanent belt buckle tattoo'd on my belly! (Wife, I'm only kidding...I'd never get a tattoo on my belly!)

With that, enjoy the tattoos.  If you're a tattoo person and would like to one day get the M-dot emblazoned on your body, all you have to do is cross that finish line!  It's definitely a good conversation starter...

No comments:

Post a Comment